Mid-Century Dining Chairs

These chairs are so much fun! I picked them up at one of my favorite thrift shops and knew right away they should be whimsical. I decided to choose the color based off the fabric, so I chose that first.

This project was fairly easy with a little bit of sewing involved. The seat and backs were removed and cleaned. I added a little bit of batting to the seats before stapling on the new fabric. Simple slipcovers were sewn for the backs. After a good sanding and priming, the bases got a nice coat of RustOleum Fern and then everything was put back together.

I really like the old metal hardware on the legs of the chairs and wanted to keep a little bit of it's original flair.


  1. Tahni, amazing job with your dining room chairs transformation. The Fern color works so well and really gives them some life. Great work and thank you so much for using Rust-Oleum to complete your project.

  2. Thanks Scott! Glad you like them.

  3. These are fantastic! Love the fun pattern and color. Great Job!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...